As the weather is warming up across Australia, the countdown to blissful summer sunshine days has begun. Now is the time to act, to get your great outdoor living space ready in time for summer
From outdoor BBQs, dining and entertaining, watching the kids play outdoors, to enjoying your garden, pool and outdoor areas in all their glory, the summer months bring the promise of the ultimate in outdoor living.
Is your outdoor area ready for the summer living that you want and deserve? If the answer is no, don’t stress — we’ve got you covered, with this guide to summer living preparation.
Here’s what you can do now to get your outdoor living areas ready in time for summer.
1. Get your Patio, Verandah, or Pergola sorted
The best way to give yourself some structure this summer (in a fun way) is to, well, build a structure. Specifically, the outdoor living structure of your dreams.
If you haven’t already got a patio, verandah or pergola, or an existing area is in need of replacement, you’ll be surprised at what a huge difference a beautifully designed outdoor living structure can make for your enjoyment of your spaces.
Here are some of the ways Patios, Verandahs and Pergolas will enhance the way you enjoy spending time at home during our Australian summer:
How to get your outdoor living structure ready for summer
If you don’t already have a patio, pergola or verandah, or if you have one but needto add an extra outdoor living space, or if have an outdoor living structure that is in sore need of a revamp, you might feel like it’s a huge job. With summer just around the corner it may seem like an unachievable goal to have your new structure ready in time for summer. But we’re the bearer of excellent news. At Discounted Patios, we make it easy and stress-free to maximise your outdoor living.
Here’s how we can help you fast-track your outdoor living makeover
2. Style your outdoor living areas
Whether you’re hosting barbecues, enjoying quiet evening reads, or basking in the sun, a well-styled outdoor space can dramatically improve your summer living experience. Here are some tips for styling your outdoor living areas.
- Invest in good-quality, great-looking outdoor tables and dining settings.
- Adding stylish vases, table centrepieces and other decor items can make a huge difference.
- Ensure your seating is comfortable, and looks good. The right colour seat fabric and cushions can make a big difference.
- Quality over quantity is a good thing to remember — too much ‘stuff’ can look messy.
- Replace anything that is looking a little shabby.
- Rearrange your outdoor furniture layout if needed — think maximised space and enjoyment.
3. Add greenery
Outdoor living spaces can be absolutely transformed with greenery. Adding plants to your outdoor living area can turn it into a relaxing retreat that lifts the spirits and makes you feel connected to nature.
Here are some tips for adding greenery to your outdoor living structures.
- Climbing vines look great on patios and pergolas.
- Pot plants can add a lovely amount of greenery.
- Vertical gardens and ‘living walls’ can save on floor space while adding a lush backdrop.
- Hanging plants help utilise your overhead space while adding a ‘dripping with green’ effect.
- Succulents and small potted plants make for excellent centrepieces on your dining table and coffee table in outdoor areas.
4. Upgrade your privacy and protection
Does your outdoor living area give you the privacy you want? Does it protect you from the elements as much as you’d like it to? If either of these answers are no, you’ll want to make some upgrades before summer living rolls around. The great news is that you can easily achieve both of these things with outdoor blinds and screens.
5. Upgrade your entertainment features
Have you talked about an outdoor entertainment feature only to forget all about it when the summer months are over? Whatever it is that you’ve had your heart set on, take the time to source and purchase this noe — so you can enjoy your outdoor living to the max when summer rolls around.For example, maybe you’ve always wanted:
- Specialty cooking item —like a pizza oven, pressure cooker, or meat smoker?
- Something to impress your guests like a herb garden that features in your meals?
- Something that amps up your relaxation — like a daybed, lush relaxation chair, sofa, or a hammock?
- Something extra fun — like an outdoor movie projector, or cool outdoor lighting?
6. Book in a deep clean
When summer comes, you’re sure to be enjoying your summer living spaces much more regularly… which means you’ll want to make sure they’re nice and clean so they feel fresh and new.
Whether it’s a few weekends spent cleaning your outdoor spaces now (bonus if you do it before it gets too hot), or booking in for a professional cleaner to do it for you, you’ll thank yourself later if you get it looking sparkly fresh now.
7. Don’t forget your car, boat or caravan
When you’re getting your outdoor area ready for summer living, don’t forget the need to protect your car, boat or caravan from those harsh summer UV rays.
If you’re like most of us, you’ll find you’re out and about, out on the water, or travelling around more often in the summer. You’ll want to ensure that your assets are protected from the elements, and pleasant to get into on a hot summer’s day.
Winter and spring is the best time to commence building your carport. You won’t need to rush and you’ll have your project finished and ready for the summer holidays.
Check out our range of carports today and get yours sorted. We can even complete your building permit application for you to speed up the process.
Need help getting your outdoor spaces ready for summer?
If you need advice on what outdoor living solutions are best for your home, needs and lifestyle, or if you are keen to get your dream outdoor lifestyle underway and need help to get started, the team here at Discounted Patios are happy to help.
We create fantastic outdoor living solutions for clients throughout the Greater Melbourne area and surrounding areas. Get in touch with our friendly team today.